Creating a website is not an easy job. It requires a lot of things to keep in mind. Here are some DO’s and Don’ts that you must keep in mind before you begin further:
- One of the things that you must do before you create your website is the plan. Creating websites is not an easy job. It requires a lot of programming and even if you have hired someone to do that, they will charge a lot of money. So before you actually start doing it, sketch a rough map to check how many web pages you want to insert and how you should link them together.
- One of the things that you must do is to create a website with a good domain. The domain is like a sign outside the store. The better the domain name is, the more people will visit your site. So try to choose a name that is more catchy and inviting, rather than along misspelled one.
- Another thing that you must do is to add some style in your website. There is different software which can help you do this easily. CSS is one of that software. It can help you add different designs and style to your website.
- Make your site user friendly. The reason why you should do that is because the easier it is to use your site, the more people will visit it.
- One of the things that you must not forget is that the layout of the website must look great on the mobile. The reason behind this is that now a day, many people are using internet on their mobile phones. If your site does not look great on mobile, people wouldn’t want to visit it at all. So try to keep that in your mind too.
- Another thing that you must not have on your website is someone else’s material. You might not know, but when you copy something from someone else’s website, it is termed as plagiarism and it is an illegal activity on the internet. So it is better to avoid copying material and try to build everything on your own.
- If you want to have many users visiting your site, it is better not to finish your website. By this I mean that, make sure that your website is always evolving. If you have old and outdated material on your site, no one would want to visit it in the first place. If your topic is evergreen, you can add material from time to time. You can also create a website guide.
- If you have added different pictures in your website, make sure they are not large. The reason is that if you add large images, it will take longer for the server to open your web page. This means people who will visit your page have to wait longer to open it, which in other words mean no visitors. So make sure you don’t add heavy files in your website.